Get familiar with BeamU card user interfaces!
This instructions will go through all user interfaces to ensure you with knowledge on how to interact with BeamU.
On/Off button located on top right of BeamU
Turning BeamU On
- Press the power button located in the top right corner of BeamU.
Turning BeamU Off
- Hold down the power button for 5 seconds. If BeamU has no user interaction for more than 2 minutes, it will turn itself off to conserve energy.
Fingerprint sensor located on bottom right of BeamU
- Places a finger on the fingerprint sensor that's on bottom right of BeamU when authentication is required.
- BeamU will indicate if the authentication is successful.
- BeamU will indicate when authentication fails. The user will get two more attempts at a successful authentication.
- After three unsuccessful authentication attempts, BeamU will ask the user to input the passcode they registered during initial BeamU enrollment.
- After three unsuccessful passcode attempts, the user will be locked out from BeamU for a period of time.
Touch wheel located on bottom center of BeamU
- To navigate between BeamU's apps and menu options, simply place a finger on the touch wheel and rotate this finger either clockwise or counter-clockwise.
Selecting or Launching an Application
- Once you have chosen your app or menu option, tap on the fingerprint sensor with any finger to select/launch it.
- A short tap needs to be greater than 100 ms but less than 1 second.
Go Back to Previous Page
- Place finger on "UP" button and hold down for more than 2 seconds.
Home (Exit out of any application)
- Place finger on fingerprint sensor and hold down for more than 2 seconds.
Onscreen Alphanumeric Keyboard Instructions:
This instructions is very important as some applications require you to input a number or set of alphabets. Example such as During initial setup of BeamU, there will be a tutorial to help you get a better understanding of how to use the Onscreen Alphanumeric Keyboard. The following gifs will walk you through this tutorial.
Navigating through keyboard
- Place your finger on the touch wheel and move in a circular motion, either in a clockwise or counterclockwise motion.
Selecting (Typing) via lifting off finger
- Once you have scrolled to your desired letter/number/special character, lift up your finger to select.
Selecting (Typing) via fingerprint sensor
- If you want to re-select the same letter/number/special character, tap on the fingerprint sensor.
Toggle between uppercase and lowercase
- Tap the down button on the touch wheel. In the future, repeated taps of the down button will allow you to cycle between uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Made a mistake? To delete/backspace a character, tap on the left button with a "x" icon on the touch wheel.
- When you are done typing, press the enter button by tapping on the right button with an enter icon on the touch wheel.